Friday, January 29, 2016

Close Encounter Of The Morning Kind

It started in the middle of the night.

A pulling, . . a suction on my nose and mouth.

I knew I was still in a prone position in bed,  . .  but was I having the sensation of floating?

Even with closed eyes, I could sense it; that blue flickering light filling the bedroom.

My mind began to spin. What time was it? Two - maybe three o'clock in the morning?

Then the experiments began. Starting at my wrist, this fuzzy, pump alien was rubbing something back and forth just above my right palm. Standing between my side and arm, it began moving the pulsing sand paper-like device up my arm toward my elbow.

I forced one eye open to see the terror I was facing. There . . . there . . . there it was. The source of the blue light.

Not the light of a UFO outside my bedroom.

I wasn't in a hovering state like an abductee in an X-Files episode.

It was the flickering light from . . . my wife's cell phone. She was flipping through her Facebook pages.

The black minx cat at my side had now found a spot she liked and had licked through two levels of epidermis. Nudging her plump body to the foot of bed, I pulled the CPAP mask off my face, killed it's hissing air flow, and grabbed my own cell phone to confirm it was 3:30 AM.

Now, I was wide awake. No use lying there.

"Good Morning, Lord!"

If it was up to me, I'd still be asleep. I love my sleep. The womb of sleep is my best friend. I don't want to abandon our relationship until at least 9 something in the morning. After all, isn't that what's supposed to happen when you're retied?

The problem, you see,  . . I complained to God.

Yep. I told him how much trouble I was having finding the peace and quiet to have my devotional time. I, furthermore, pointed out how frustrating it was for all the distractions and noise when I was trying to write.

It's all His fault! And I was expecting Him to fix it!

HIS solution? He started walking me up at two and three o'clock AM for the last two weeks. Makes no difference when I go to bed. My new body clock goes off, eyes pop open, I'm staring at the ceiling in the dark, and the CPAP mask sounding like Darth Vader has taken over my face.

Time to meet with Him - after we make the liquid of life (coffee) and I slide in to my easy chair. I enjoy our time together, even though my womb of sleep had to be left behind under the bed covers.

With the pets surrounding me, I talk with the Father for a while. Then it's time to hit the keyboard with the next WONDERFUL blog, like this, or more great wisdom poured into whatever project I'm working on.

Moral of the Story: Don't Complain to God . . . Unless You Are Ready For The Answer He Wants To Send You.

Need more time with Him . . . He just might give you an early wake up call too.

No comments: